Having a holiday (even if it's just a mini one) is great. Seeing new places is great. Eating lots of yummy food is great. Meeting long-time online friends (for the first or second time) is great. Finding the time to read is great. Taking time to do leisure shopping is great. Catching up with a former colleague and her family is great. Meeting new people is great. Beautiful weather is great...
- having to see creepy people in your hostel for a week.
- no ensuite showers and toilets. argh.
- paying more for food and drinks (e.g., average cost of a fry-up brekky in Adelaide: AU$9-10... average cost of a fry-up brekky in Freo: AU$12-15) .
- finding over a couple of thousand of emails to sort out upon returning home.
- trying to play eternal catch up on work and chores.
But then, even after weighing the greats with the not-so-greats --- I'm still glad that I went on this trip.
And yes, no matter how much I love to travel, being back on home turf is definitely GREAT.
More blogging to come soon.