I miss writing down my recipes. So, here I go with my latest attempt. This is for a Vegetarian Chop Suey (which I like to have with Soy Sauce and Chillis Dip):
- 1 small or medium sized red onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1-1.5 cup Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- Snow peas, deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 1-1.5 cup water
- Heat a pan or wok with cooking oil.
- Saute onions and garlic until lightly brown.
- Add carrots and mushrooms. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add celery and cabbage. Saute for another 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch with water mixture. Mix well.
- Add snow peas and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow vegetables to cook for a few minutes.
- You're done!
Make sure you don't leave the vegetables cooking for too long (depending on the heat, amount of vegetables you use, etc. - 5 to 10 minutes should do), as you don't want it all to be soggy.
So, there you go. An easy, yummy meal that's best served with white jasmine rice.