Okay, after the intro to 52 Weeks of Blog Community, we're now ready to get started with Week 1's task. Or at least, I hope you are!
The idea for this task is simple. Visit a blog in a blogroll! You can do it any way you want, but if you want to join our monthly party (more on this later), then here's how we play:
1) The first person who wants to play should leave a comment (make sure you leave your blog URL). Then, visit 1 blog (or 2 or 3... depends on how much time you've got) from my blogroll. Well, in this case, my Blogroll Back page. Say hello to one of the folks listed there and tell him/her I sent 'ya via comments.
2) The second person should then leave a comment (again, don't forget your URL). And then visit 1 blog (or 2 or 3... you get the picture) from Person #1's blogroll. Tell that other person that Person #1 sent you via comments.
3) Third person then can leave a comment and then visit Person #2's blogroll.
And so on and so forth. Did that make sense? I hope so. Ask away if something's not clear.
* Make sure you leave a comment first before you start visiting blogrolls to avoid doubling up. Your comment may be something as simple as "I'm in!"
* After you leave that comment, follow the link of the person before you. Then, check their blogroll and choose a blog to visit.
* When you leave a comment in a blog from someone's blogroll, you can say something like: "This is part of 52 Weeks of Community project." You don't have to, though. Just a suggestion. 😉
* If you're blogging this, you might want to tag it as '52WoC'.
* If you want to encourage your readers/visitors to do some Blogroll Loving too, send them here. Or, just use this idea as you wish on your own blog (w/o copying my post word-for-word, though ;-). 🙂
* I will visit every single blog (and at least 1 from their blogroll) who joins this project.
* Of course, you're encouraged to say HI via comments to the person before you too!
* Oh, and please don't leave double comments to avoid confusion. If you absolutely have to leave a second, third, etc. comment, please start your comment with "COMMENT #X". So, folks will now that that's your 2nd, 3rd, etc comment and will move to the next person instead.
When you join this community project...
1) You'll get at least two visitors to your blog (maybe more!).
2) You'll introduce your friends in your blogroll to other folks.
3) You'll be 'giving back' to the blogging community by doing #2.
4) Your name will be included in a raffle draw for 52WoC Party #1.
Currently in the PrizeBag for 52WoC Party #1:
* Flickr Pro account OR Picnik Pro account (winner's choice)
Although I'd like to continually encourage people to do this project, the "official end" of this project is on 21 January 2008.
Sounds fun? Great! Let's get started...
Now, what if you don't have a Blogroll? Well, you better start making one - and then join us!
* Yes, anyone can join. Big blogs or small blogs. If you want to be part of this, please do!
* Please make sure that you visit the blogroll of the commenter before you commented.
NOTE: Comments for this post is now closed. But, you're welcome to take on this challenge and share/discuss it at the forum. Thanks!