Welcome to another Web Wednesday! These are some of my weekly web finds for you...
Free Photo Editing Software:
No Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or other similar expensive graphic programmes? Here are some options for you...
- Paint.net - A powerful editing software that's free. It's for Windows only.
- Gimp for Mac OS X - Comes highly recommended by some photographers I know.
- Picnik.com - Web-based photo editor that's really cool, with plenty of fun features. It has a free and pro version.
Photo Editing Tutorials:
How to improve some of your photos...
- How to retouch eyes with Gimp - Basic concepts can also be used with editing software like Photoshop, etc.
- Beautify a Face - Never actually tried this, but there are definitely some interesting tips there.
- Instapaper - Great for bookmarking sites and pages to save for later reading/blogging. It's just a quick click!
- Jott - This one's recommended by Brian. It's service that you can use to call-in messages to yourself via phone and get these messages transcribed as text automatically. They can be used as email reminders, blog posts, To Do lists, etc.
And now, for the result of this poll that asks the question: What's Your Favourite Tool to Promote Your Blog?
Well, it looks like the clear favourite is StumbleUpon (with 30% votes). Followed by "Word of Mouth" (20%), then Digg (10%). Twitter, Facebook, and del.icio.us (added by voter) all got 5% each. There's no one using MySpace amongst the voters. And, 25% say that they don't really promote their blogs. Really interesting.
Shows that StumbleUpon is really a good way to spread some web love. What do you think?