Hello and welcome to Week #6 of our 52 Weeks of Blog Community project. It looks like last week's task sounded more complicated than I thought. But, the good news is that we seem to be getting some new folks joining in, which is always great.
Anyway, to make up for last week's task, I thought I'll keep it really simple this week. And, it's all about polls.
Polls are a great way to engage your blog community. So, if you're not running one right now, start one. If you already have a poll, then share the permanent link to your poll in the comments section, so that other folks can vote on it.
So, yes, in order to participate in this week's task, you must:
1) Start a poll in your blog. Make sure you have a permanent link to it. Put it inside a blog post, not just on your sidebar. This makes it easy to share your poll and invite people to vote.
2) Leave a comment on this blog with the permanent URL to your poll.
3) Visit and vote on a fellow 52WoC participant's poll. You can choose one - or you can vote in 2 or more. It's up to you.
That's it! You'll be included in the 52WoC Week #6 List if you follow those steps. And, as always, if you have questions or clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask.
My current poll is: Do You Twitter?
By the way, this month's prize is a US$30 Winner's Choice award.
If you want to know how to start a poll on your blog, and to see the round-up of last week's participants, please read on...
To start a poll on your blog, you can check out one of these third-party poll providers -
Just ask a question, provide some answers, create the poll, the copy to code to add to your blog post and/or sidebar.
If you're using WordPress as your blog platform, you can easily install a poll plugin. My favourite right now is the Democracy poll plug-in. You can add the democracy poll in a blog post by adding the code
Replacing # with the poll ID.
Anyway, thanks again to Last week's Blog Post Lovin' participants, which include:
- Kari, who asked for some blog post lovin' for this post.
- Jeanne, who sent some love our way but didn't ask for anything in return.
- iHanna, who asked to send some love to Heather of A Creative Journal.
- Toni, who asked folks to share their thoughts on sadness.
- Nenette, who asked us to give love to Canadian journalist Vanessa Farquarson
- Jami, who asked for some love for her interview post.
- William, who asked for some love for his remixed video post that he worked hard to create.
- Ketutar, who asked us to give some love to Liz.
- Nicola, who also gave some love but didn't ask for anything in return.
So, there you go. I think, even though this task may seem a bit more complicated than usual, it looks like we got a record number of participants. Yay! Hopefully, we'll beat that this week. 😉
Have fun starting and creating your polls. And, don't forget to share them here! Looking forward to it all...