Some folks have been asking me about the different plugins I use in this blog. So, I thought I'd share them with you (in no particular order) -
1. AdSense Manager - I just recently discovered this plugin. I'm using it to make it easier for me to manage my AdSense stuff here. It's donateware (the plugin author encourages you to donate part of your ads). I like it but I'm not sure if I'll keep it.
2. Akismet - This is a massive lifesaver, when it comes to spam management. One of my biggest reservations when it comes to WordPress is just how attractive it is for spammers. Akismet helps to get rid part of that problem. Another anti-spam plugin I like is Spam Karma 2.
3. All-in-One SEO Pack - To help you with optimising your blog for search engines.
4. Backup WordPress - This is another newbie to me. I haven't managed a recovery using this just yet, but I like that you can schedule automated back-ups with this plugin.
5. Democracy - You already know I like this for my polls.
7. Feedburner FeedSmith - Also just discovered this. It helps to consolidate all your feed URL in to your Feeburner account.
8. FlickrRSS - If you use Flickr and you like to integrate it nicely in to your blog, then this is a nice plugin to have.
9. GeneralStats - To count your number of users, posts, comments, etc.
10. I Love Social Bookmarking - See the 'Bookmark | Share' link at the end of every post? This is the plugin that's responsible for that. I really like it as a clean, easy way to ask folks to send my posts for Stumbling, Digging, Subscribing, etc. You can customise it as well.
11. Maintenance Mode - If you need to clean up your blog (upgrade, test new plugins, etc.), and you want to make sure you want to tell folks your blog is in maintenance mode, then this is a cool little plugin. You can customise the message that comes up (see sample image). Sweet.
13. Paged Comment Editing - I found this really useful when I have massive spam attacks and the comment section takes too long to load (and crashes). With this, I can break things up a bit - and it makes it easier to manage.
14. Quote Rotator - I love quotes, so this is a no-brainer for me. 😉
15. Related Posts - Helps to recommend other posts to readers and visitors.
16. Subscribe to Comments - I always think it's a bit of a shame when bloggers don't provide readers a way to follow conversations/comments on their blogs. I really like having that option. Especially if I can unsubscribe easily too. 😉
17. Top Commentators Widget - This is a great way to say thanks to folks who leave comments to your blog. I like this particular plugin because it enables me to reset the top commentators on a time span of my choice (daily, weekly, monthly, all time). I set mine to 'Monthly' and really enjoying seeing who makes it there. I make it a point to visit blogs that I find there often.
18. Twitter Tools - A handy way to display my latest Twits here. I can even Twitter from my sidebar (or admin). You can also get Twitter Tools to integrate between Twitter and your blog (archive your Twits and/or post your latest posts on Twitter).
19. Twit This - It's a good way to encourage your readers and visitors to Twitter your posts.
So, there you go. My current Top 20. I'm sure I'll add more and delete some in the future. But for now, these are the plugins that help add different functions and features to my blog.
If you're on WordPress too, what are your favourite plugins? Can you recommend anything else?