Hi, everyone. Yes, it's Week #16 of our 52 Weeks of Blog Community Project. This week is the second to the last task for our Month 4 Virtual Party. As some of you might know, all participants for Weeks #13 to #17 are eligible for our Virtual Party #4. Our raffle prizes for the month are (2 winners; 1 prize each): US$30 Winner's Choice Award (via Paypal) and a new Gocco print.
Anyway, this week's task was inspired by visiting everyone's 'Getting to Know Readers' posts from last week's task. You see, I realised two really cool things when I visited some of the 52WoCers' posts:
1. Many participants of 52WoC gain new friends/blog readers through this project. 52WoCers are beginning to read (and comment on) each other's blogs. And, I think that's really, really wonderful. That is part of the reason why I started this project. To help people to network, to make friends, to support each other...
2. Many 52WoC participants have great friends and supporters. I read some of the comments and visited some of their blogs... and thought that it'll be cool to get to know them too.
So, I thought, what if we all brought a new friend to join 52WoC this week? Ask even just 1 new person to join 52WoC? Introduce at least 1 new friend to some of our existing 52WoC friends? Wouldn't it be great to grow our circle of blog buddies?
Now, how do we go about it doing this? I don't know how easy this is going to be, but I thought I'd try anyway.
Basically, I encourage all of you to introduce a blogging friend/contact to 52WoC. Point them to 52WoC Central, if you need to. It's up to you how you do it - write a blog post, Tweet about it, chat to someone, send an email... And, encourage them to leave a comment in this post. They don't need to introduce anyone else - just say: "[Insert 52WoCer's Name] sent me here!"
Once you've introduced 52WoC to someone, leave a comment here - and tell us what you did and leave at least one URL of the friend that you introduced 52WoC to. Even if they don't visit and they don't leave a comment, you'll still be entered as a participant for this week.
If your friend says hello here, then you get TWO entries for the raffle this week. And, your friend gets entered in to the raffle too.
Does that make sense? I hope so. In any case, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this week's task.
I'm really looking forward to meeting your friends. And, I hope that they find more new friends here too!
Anyway, thanks so much again to all who joined last week's task, 52WoC #15: Get to Know Your Readers. Do check out their posts and perhaps, participate in them too!
- Denise - Asks "Who Are You?"
- Nenette - It's All About You
- Hanna - Celebrating a blog birthday soon, Hanna asks 3 questions to get to know readers.
- Toni - Shares her Weekend Soiree
- Nicola - Holds her first delurking day.
Unfortunately, I didn't add those who didn't leave any links (or background info) on their Getting To Know You stuff. If you left a comment and haven't left your URL, just let me know. So I can add you in here too.