After that epic post I wrote for Blog Action Day '08 + the rough week I had, I feel a blogging block coming on. Times like these, I really do find my personal blog to be the most difficult to write.
But, instead of stewing and fretting over my blogging block, I decided to combat it by just blogging anyway. And, one way for me to unblock with just about any activity that I do is to create a list.
So, here I am, with some random stuff that are occupying my everyday life at the moment. If you follow me on Twitter and/or Plurk, you would've already known some of these things. But, here goes my list anyway...
1) My week has been a mix of news and things. Parts of it were really rough. But, there were some shining, happy moments too. That's why even though some of the things that have happened are close to devastating, I'm trying to keep things in perspective. Yes, it's not all bad.
2) One devastating thing that happened last week: My beloved Macbook broke, due to a morning tea accident. Although I normally keep food and drinks away from my computer, this freak incident still happened. Unfortunately, Apple Care and my home insurance didn't cover the accident. So, even the news of new Macs' release a few days ago didn't really cheer me up. I dearly loved my Mackie - and wasn't really looking at replacing my 1.5-year-old Macbook black.
But, I'm trying to get over the loss, swallow the unexpected cost, and move on. Not sure yet when I'll get my new machine, but I did give the new Macs a spin last Friday night in a local Apple store. Sure, they're nice and sleek. But, nothing too earth shattering. Having said that, I'm sure I'll get more excited when I get my second Mac. Especially since I'd finally get to try Leopard as an OS.
3) This week, news about recession and economic crisis have really taken over the media. It's scary and depressing. And I know a lot of people are really feeling the stress. Having a family with 2 young kids and a mortgage to pay off, thoughts of these things can be overwhelming. I try not to fret too much. But, I'm also aware that burying one's head in the ground isn't also the best way to deal with it. Now, how do we figure out a way between staying sane and being prepared? Well, we'll see... I know I'm having to make some tough choices in certain situations.
4) Other than money and material matters, one piece of news that really struck me recently is hearing about the death of a family friend. A man I consider close enough to call 'uncle'. Our family was really close to their family. I've pretty much known him, his wife, and their kids all my life. And yeah, he was one of my late dad's best friends. In fact, the last time I saw him was during my dad's wake. He was really sad to say goodbye to my dad. And, to find out that he passed away in a similar way to my dad was very heart wrenching. It also brought back some painful memories. I do wish their family comfort and hope.
5) Other thoughts this week include: stuff about cars, psychology, b5media matters, home, the coming holidays, netball, fitness, Breast Cancer Awareness, missing creative work, friendship, networking... Plus a mish-mash of other things. Some of them appearing in a good way. Some of them rough.
Ah. Just recalling all of these things are proving to be a bit more draining than I expected. I think I better sign off for now.
All I really wanted was to blog something after B.A.D'08 - and to avoid that feeling of being blocked. And, to be able to record bits of my personal history this week.
What about you? How was your week?
And, do you ever feel blogging blocks? How do you combat such blocks?
P.S. 1 - I just want to thank Karen of Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum for giving me the Brillante Weblog Award. What a sweetie! Thanks so much! And, congrats again on the newly published and launched book. So exciting!
As a way to pass this award on, let me just give this to: Blue Rose (for being a great new online friend), Kari (for being a gorgeous long time online buddy), Melissa W (because she's the kind of person I wish to be better friends with), Toni (for being a fab online friend & a talented blogger), Jade (also a great Twitter/blog buddy), Charlie (because she's oh-so-interesting), and Kay/Murfomurf/Grumba (for being there and being someone I enjoy having as a buddy). Ooohhh... wish I can award more people! Oh yeah, apparently, everyone gets to pass this award on to 7 other folks. 🙂
P.S. 2 - I was recently invited by Jasmin (aka Wonderwebby) to participate in her amazing project called "A Woman's Investment". It's to raise money for some women from the Philippines. If you want to participate too, you're more than welcome to do so. You can take part by: a) Sending in an original quote in relation to the theme of "a woman's investment", b) Spreading the word about it, and/or c) Donating some cash to the cause.
OK. This is it. Really.
I hope you're all having a good weekend. 🙂