Surprise, surprise! Yes, two blog posts in less than 24 hours. Incredible. I haven't done this for a while now. But, when I noticed that I haven't posted a Web Wednesday this month of March, I thought I'd take this last chance to do so. So, here are some random-themed links that you might find interesting too...
- Twibes - A personal recommendation tool for Twitter folks.
- The Psychology of Twitter - If you're interested in meta-social networking concepts, then this article by Dr Grohol at Psych Central might catch your fancy.
- Twitoria - Yep, another Twitter tool. This one checks on active and non-active folks that you're following.
- Snapping Sharks - When my son did an assignment on making sea creatures to talk about for his oral language class, he said he wanted to make a shark. So, I Googled for crafty sharks and found this one. It's quick and easy to do. And, he really, really liked his project, so... thumbs up from us.
- 5 Top Influential Women Bloggers - Published by Quick Online Tips last year, I somehow only managed to find this last month. Yikes. Anyway, apparently, I made it in to the list in-between blogging greats like Wendy Piersall and Arianna Huffington.
- re:Modern - Plenty of eye candy in this gorgeous site about sustainable interior design.
- Aesop's Fables - A huge collection of popular and not-so-well-known fables and stories.
- Free File Hosting - Need a file or two hosted somewhere other than your own server? This might be a good solution!
- OSOQ (Oh So Cute) - A fun site where you can make your own caricatures or avatars for free. There's also a paid personalised service available, if you want more customised caricatures.
- Ada Lovelace Day - I found out that on the 24th of March was Ada Lovelace Day. And, apparently, it's a day when folks celebrate various women in technology. The wonderful Anne Wayman wrote a very nice post that mentioned me. Thanks again for that, Anne. But, other than that post, there are many others out there celebrating the different contributions of women in the world of technology.
- As I Write It - A Creative Journal - My good friend Heather's new journal writing blog. Do give her some love!
What about you? What are some of your favourite web finds lately?