Hmmm... I think I better change "look of the week" to "look of the month", as I've noticed that I'm only getting to post these style self-portraits about once a month now. Heh.
Anyway, here are my notes from this shoot -
- Scarf - This viscose + soie scarf is a lovely little purchase from a quaint shop near Montmartre, during my first and only trip to Paris many years ago. I loved it then, and I still love it now.
- Big Black Tear Drop Earrings - One of my favourite places to purchase accessories from is this bargain souvenir shop in the Adelaide CBD (in Rundle Mall). I bought these earrings from that shop for about $3.
- Fuschia Top (w/ 3/4 sleeve length) - I bought this top from my last trip to Las Vegas. I think the shop is called Express, if I'm not mistaken. Really cool shop. The top has an elastic neckline so you can wear it either over the shoulder or off the shoulder (one or both). I usually wear it over the shoulder, but decided to try an off-the-shoulder look for the day.
- Cut-off Denim Skirt - I bought this skirt from Target. Its original length is up to the knees. I noticed that I found it really difficult to wear it in that length, as I don't like the overall look when using it that way. So, on this day, I decided to cut it off to make it more of a mini skirt. Admittedly, I was a bit scared to do this, as I've never cut off a skirt before. In fact, I don't remember cutting or reshaping many clothing items. But, I figured that I'm better off trying to do this than keeping that skirt in the wardrobe, hardly used. And, I think it paid off as I really like how it turned out. I find it a lot more usable.
- Black leggings - Another Target purchase. Due to the winter weather, I've also layered this with black stockings.
- Black boots - Yep, one of my faves. Wore them with this look too.
Where To: Off to the pub for a meeting with Uni group.
- Camera: Nikon D40x
- Lens: Sigma 30mm f1.4
- Venue: Lounge area (my house); Background is just natural-coloured wall
- Lighting: Natural lighting - It was towards the end of the day when I took these photos, and it was quite dark. So, I didn't get a lot of light that's why the shots look quite grainy.
- Self Portrait Technique Used: Built-in Self Timer. Yes, my remote control was still out of action.
- Post Processing: Very basic tweaks via iPhoto. Added vignetting in one of the shots.
- Collage: Created via Picasa for Mac.