Well, I've promised another Style Studio installment, so here we go.
It feels like ages ago since I last did a self portrait. I haven't really had much chance to do much photography lately. In any case, here are my style and photography notes:
- Navy Blue Halter Dress - This one's an oldie but goodie. It's a custom-made dress that I asked a seamstress in the Philippines to make for me some 10+ years ago. I chose the fabric and I sort of designed the dress (based on another dress I saw in a magazine), if I remember correctly. It was actually a maxi dress (ankle length) --- when I first had it made. I even wore it on my hen's night! But, I sort of got tired with the long dress. I didn't want to throw it away, though. Since the cut was still right for me, I decided just to make it in to a mini dress. So, I took it to another seamstress (in Singapore, I believe) and had it cut and hemmed. Even though it's soooo old, it's still one of my favourite dresses. Yeah, this dress really makes me miss getting custom-made dresses (it's too expensive here in Oz).
- 3-strand Blue Elastic Hairband - Brand new from the cheap shop. Only $2 - and I love it. 🙂
- Silver Hoop Earrings - A staple for me. I wear these earrings. A LOT.
- Black Sandals with Heels - A hand-me-down from my mom.
Where To: Off to my son's school for drop-off (and supposedly, volunteering at his school) + Uni seminar
- Camera: Nikon D40x
- Lens: Sigma 30mm f.14
- Self-Portrait Technique: Remote Control + Tripod
- Lighting: Natural light --- almost mid-day sun. When it comes to photography, I really love making the most out of natural light - and the outdoors.
- Additional Note: I like playing with angles in photography. This session is an example of how using different angles can make different pictures.