As I fret over some things that have been bothering me for a while now, my husband gives me a hug and says: "Don't worry about it. It will be fine. No matter what happens, you'll find the right way. You always do. It's not the end of the world."
He's right, of course. For the most part.
(Yes, he will be ecstatic to read those words, I know, but it's true. :-))
The thing is, knowing he's there to support me with my choices like he has often done for the fourteen years that I have known him, does make me feel less anxious. More at peace with whatever happens next.
Sure, I'd love to have that same support and trust to flow over in all aspects of my life. But, I know that it is not always possible. I'm just grateful that that support and trust I do have come from the people that matter most to me. Everything else, I will learn how to deal with in time.
That's why in moments like these, I know that the best thing to do is just to stop and to appreciate what I do have. To let go of things that can no longer fixed and things that I have no control over. To stop working so hard and doing so much.
So, this weekend was dedicated to:
- ... sleep-ins and naps
- ... family game night (Creationary by Lego - highly recommended!)
- ... writing and blogging
- ... taking pictures
- ... home cooked comfort food
- ... home baked goods
- ... talking to the kids about Important Stuff and delighting in their insights
- ... cuppas, long talks and hugs with hubby
- ... watching home videos and favourite shows
- ... reading by myself - and being read to by my kids
- ... laughing and inside jokes with the family
- ... connecting with people who care
- ... dreaming
- ... sitting by the fire
- ... watching my kids play soccer and become much better swimmers than I am
- ... just pondering about The Good Things
Yes, I will be fine. For as long as I am well with things and people that matter most to me, I will be just fine.
And, regardless of what you're going through, I hope that you are finding comfort in things and people that matter most to you too.