Three things I haven't done in this blog in a very long time:
1. Join an online community project. I'm not sure what project I joined the last time. It must have been Blog Action Day 2012. And before that, it must have been NaBloPoMo 2011. But, it looks like I do try to take part in some kind of blogging community project once a year or so. A Week In The Life is my first (and possibly only one?) for this year.
2. Blog Daily. I intended to do some kind of daily blogging somewhere early this year. Well, that kind of fell apart after a couple of months or so. Probably inevitable. I should never ever commit to a daily blog again, really. Ever.
I know I can do daily blogging for a limited time. A few days. Or a week. Maybe a month, max. This week, I'm pretty much committing to a daily blog post, to document this Week In The Life project. I'm kind of nervous about this part, as I know blog posts + lots of photos = not always something I can do on a daily basis. But, let's see how it goes!
3. Blog a blow-by-blow account of "what I did with my day." And, while that's pretty much what A Week In The Life is all about, I promise, I'm not going to start telling you long narratives about my daily life. Though, you might have to put up with photos of me (and people around me) doing really boring, mundane stuff. Like doing laundry or the dishes. Or cooking. Or snuggling in bed with my kids. Or something equally ordinary. Without make-up. And worse - even in bad hair! Sometimes, I'll put captions in those pics, to make it easier for me to put my WITL album later.
Now, here's how Monday went -
Yes, I really do put my legs up on my chair like that when I sit at my work desk. At my home office. I spend a LOT of time in this corner. Working. And stuff.
Often wake-up to a daily morning tea, courtesy of my hubby. I like mine English Breakfast. Again, English hubby's influence.
My lunch breaks often consist of a meal in front of the TV. Today's treat: Doctor Who, Season 2, can't remember the episode number right now.
Me, in my wardrobe, getting ready to pick up the kids at the school bus stop near our house. Part of my new Monday and Wednesday routines since moving to the new house.
Always a highlight of my day: Enjoying some time with these two kiddos.
My gadget boy.
My girl, who always loves the camera.
In the car with the kids. Nope, not driving yet in this shot. 🙂
At the house. And yes, Monday is our 'Bin Day'. And, this particular Monday is Recycling Day (we have them every other week).
The girl likes checking the mail.
This boy cooked Indo Mie spicy noodles for himself and his sister for snacks. And, he also had some leftover chicken tinola too.
Our cavoodle dog, Blue.
Skype video call with my sis and mom.
Talking with Tita and Lola.
Homework and piano practice time.
The boy, helping his sister with a math question. He offered help without being asked. Very sweet.
Dinner. Yep. I took the easy way out and just heated up pre-packaged beef pies, boiled peas, and fried up pre-cut frozen fries.
Family dinner time.
Catching up on work, messages, and some writing, while watching X Factor Australia. Yes, it's my current Reality TV addiction. Loving Dami Im from the moment I saw her audition, if you must know.
Bed time. I also went to bed earlier than usual this day. Wasn't feeling great physically, emotionally, and mentally. Also didn't have a good sleep the night before, so the rest was badly needed.
Stats and Stuff
Total Photos for the Day: 26 (Took about 50 or so)
Cameras Used: Canon Powershot and Nikon D7000 (used the phone once)
Photo Editor Used: Picasa for Windows
To see all photos from this project, check out my Week In The Life 2013 set on Flickr.
Some Thoughts From Today
- I love projects! They help me to focus my creative energies. Community projects add extra fun and inspiration.
- Remembering the good stuff and the bad stuff should be part of life. Otherwise, we end up living a "censored", make-believe life.
- No, we don't need to share it all in public. The thing is, no matter how much I share online right now, I know that that's still only less than 1% of everything that goes on in my life.