Finally found the source of my recent pains. Apparently, I've been suffering from severe muscle spasm. Unfortunately, we couldn't pinpoint the trigger. But, the doctor asked me to take it easy with work and chores. Keep taking pain and anti-inflammatory medication. And, make sure to visit the physiotherapist for at least a couple of sessions to sort me out.
So, with pain meds in my system and a physio session completed, I am feeling a bit better now. Not fully better, but definitely more mobile than I was. And, at least, the pain now feels more bearable rather than searing and tears-inducing.
And, since we're on the subject of relaxing, one of my favourite ways to relax is listening to music.
This year, music has become quite huge in my life. Partly because I've set aside my stubbornness and decided to give web music a proper go.
Since I've been playing with Spotify a lot longer, I'm more familiar with it. But, admittedly, Xbox Music is looking really good too.
I love the fact that I'm able to enjoy so much music through these services. And, I'm able to discover new songs and artists through them a lot easier. That's why my list of favourite new songs and artists is unusually longer this year than it has been in the past.
Just now, when I turned on the Spotify app on my laptop, I discovered that I like a few of South Jordan's songs.
Some ways I find new music using these services:
- Through the "Discover" feature - Spotify has a built-in recommendation system based on music you've listened to or marked as 'favourites'. Just browsing through this list gives me new music inspiration.
- Through the Search function - When I hear a song from a TV show or a movie that I like, I look for them in these apps.
- Through Playlists - People put together playlists and I check them out. I often discover new music through these lists.
- Through Friends' and Contacts' Playlists - When I see what my friends and contacts are listening to, I sometimes check them out too.
- Through the Radio function - On Spotify, you can create a radio station based on a song or an artist. They will then play music based on that.
This year, some of my favourite new music discoveries include: Imagine Dragons, Demi Lovato, Ed Sheeran, and Secrets in Stereo.
How about you? How do you find new music? Who are your newly discovered favourite singers/bands?