Last night, while making dinner for the family, I couldn’t help but grab my watercolour pad, pencil, pen and paints when I saw these items on my kitchen counter – garlic, chillis, and lime. I just finished making the chilli, lime, and garlic sauce that goes so well with the Chicken Rice meal I was preparing, and I felt compelled to sketch while I waited for the rest of the dinner to be ready.
I only really wanted to sketch what I saw and play with my new set of Peerless Transparent Watercolours. After I was done with my sketch, I thought I’d give the sketch a title. Then, before I knew it, I was writing a simplified version of my recipe for the sauce on the paper.
So, without planning to, I ended up with my first illustrated recipe. Simple, but fun.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 pcs of lime
- 3 pcs of long red chillis
- Roughly chop the garlic and red chillis.
- Put in a food processor or blender.
- Squeeze lime juice into the mix.
- Blend for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with chicken rice or other meals.