I’m writing and sharing this recipe here because I need a way to remember this meal. You see, I cooked this a few days ago for the very first time. And, I wasn’t really following a particular recipe. I basically read a half a dozen or so recipes for lemon butter sauce. And, I picked out different things from different places – and added my own twist to the whole thing. For whatever reason, it came out yummy. At least to me and my family anyway. 😉 So I know that I’ll want to repeat this some time. Let me know if you try it out too.
- 2 – 3 fish fillets
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp grated lemon rind
- 5 – 6 tbsps butter
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste, for fish and sauce
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- Drizzle soy sauce and olive oil on fish.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Put the grilled fish in a serving dish when ready.
- Dissolve flour in warm water. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan under low heat.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind. Stir.
- Add flour + water mixture. Stir continuously until they all mix.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley (leave some for garnish later). Mix.
- Drizzle lemon butter sauce on the grilled fish.
- Garnish with leftover parsley.
- Serve immediately while hot.
You can substitute chicken fillet here, I believe, if you’re not in to fish.
Possible accompaniments for this meal: salad, grilled or steamed vegetables, steamed white rice, potatoes.