Now that I've gotten the serious bit out of the way, here's the lighter version of the things I like and dislike about Oz.
Some Aussie Faves:
1) Summer barbies (BBQs).
2) Great beaches.
3) Steak and mushroom pies.
4) Cute critters like koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, platypuses (platypi?), wombats...
5) Nature tripping! Bush walks, treks, camping, star gazing... dolphin and whale watching.
6) Accents and slang. Well, some of them can really be cute/hilarious.
7) The Australian cricket team (except Warne - he's a brilliant cricket player but... %-P ).
8) Plenty of sports to watch and to support. But, I'm having difficulty getting in to AFL.
9) The arts... the writing... performing arts... kids shows... the music... lots of talent here!
10) Some of the humour - not the Sketch comedy types though, thanks.
11) Advance Australia Fair (the national anthem)... it rocks! I also love many other patriotic songs like "I am/We are... Australian" and "I Still Call Australia Home."
Some Aussie Duds:
1) The sketch comedies and the dramas. I just can't get in to them!
2) Vegemite and beetroot. Sorry, guys. Maybe when I've been here longer... 🙂
3) AFL. I've been to one live game and I think that's enough. Again, please don't pounce on me. Perhaps I'll change my mind one day. After all, I didn't use to like cricket and rugby union - and now I'm a convert.
4) The ALP. Seriously. Since I moved here, this political party just seem to come up with one joke after the other. Now, look what the opposition's getting away with!
5) Big Brother. But then, I probably won't like this show in any other country either. I can be a reality TV junkie, but this just isn't my cup of tea.
Hmmm... I guess that's it for now.
What are the things that you like and dislike about the place/country you live in?
Side Note: Oh, and BTW This is Blog Entry #100. 900 to go. 🙂
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.