Having a holiday (even if it's just a mini one) is great. Seeing new places is great. Eating lots of yummy food is great. Meeting long-time online friends (for the first or second time) is great. Finding the time to read is great. Taking time to do leisure shopping is great. Catching up with a former colleague and her family is great. Meeting new people is great. Beautiful weather is great...
- having to see creepy people in your hostel for a week.
- no ensuite showers and toilets. argh.
- paying more for food and drinks (e.g., average cost of a fry-up brekky in Adelaide: AU$9-10... average cost of a fry-up brekky in Freo: AU$12-15) .
- finding over a couple of thousand of emails to sort out upon returning home.
- trying to play eternal catch up on work and chores.
But then, even after weighing the greats with the not-so-greats --- I'm still glad that I went on this trip.
And yes, no matter how much I love to travel, being back on home turf is definitely GREAT.
More blogging to come soon.
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.