Yes, I already confessed that I'm a sucker for blog tags. So, even though I'm not too keen on looking at "the ideal lover" thingy, I'm here to share my thoughts anyway. Just because Amit asked me to. 😉
8 Things That Make A Guy Ideal:
1) Looks. Let's face it. It counts. The thing about physical attraction, though, is that it can be very subjective. A guy who looks good to me may not necessarily look good to another girl. So. In any case, yeah, my ideal guy should at least look good to me. 🙂
2) Great Personality. Yeah, I know... This is a scratched-up line. And, another thing that's way too subjective to measure. How do I even define it?
3) Sense of Humour. A guy's gotta know how to make me laugh. And smile. A lot. And, I'd love to be able to make him laugh and smile too.
4) Good Communication Skills. I like a guy who knows how to talk. Not too much, of course. But, yeah... I'm not one to go for guys who're in to that 'strong and silent type' routine. I want to be able to discuss things with him... dreams, passions, the future, the past, life, current affairs, sport, culture, music...
5) Intelligent and Talented. Guys with brains and passions are keepers in my book. No, they don't need to be the top of the class or a star in their chosen interest. But, I like a guy with something in himself. He can read books... be in to music, sport or whatever.
6) Culturally and Socially Aware. Someone who's aware that the world is bigger than the country one lives in. And that life is precious in more ways than one.
7) Spirit. Another thing that's a bit difficult to explain, but easy to see once you've met someone.
8) Great Dad Material. Guys who like kids are great. In fact, I often find myself thinking that a guy's really cool/hot when I see him being a wonderful father and husband.
Now, I need to tag 8 other people on this. Hmmm... let me think...
Sasha (my sis, who's still searching for her ideal person)... Reclusivegirl (just because I'm curious)... Gayla (because I'd like to know another Dating Dame's input)... Elisabetta (again, just interested to know)... Jayvee (a metro man's feedback will be good)... Jonic (to get a British guy's perspective)... Jennifer (great words, great photos... would love to know what she thinks...) Okay, I can't think of an 8th blogger. So, even if I didn't tag you... please feel free to let me know your ideal type too!
BTW, I do believe that I have found the closest thing to an ideal man. In fact, I married him. 😉
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.