This is probably my husband's favourite breakfast. No surprises there, as this is actually considered a typical "English breakfast". Of course, it's not always served as happy face meal. 🙂
Anyway, a basic English breakfast is just basically bacon, eggs, mushroom and tomatoes. This is usually accompanied with toast (with butter). And, for the not-so-health-conscious or the indulgent: fried bread.
There are various ways to cook each of these ingredients. Here are ways my husband loves his breakfast (and what has become my personal preference as well):
- Grill the bacon, mushroom, and tomatoes. Bacon must be cooked well enough, but not overcooked (too crispy).
- Poached eggs. If not poached, then fried comes second best. Scrambled eggs are also good at times, for variety.
- Mushrooms and tomatoes should have some Worcestershire sauce and dried parsley for added flavour. Sliced plain button mushrooms will do.
- Salt and pepper must always come in handy. Freshly cracked pepper's best.
- A piece of sliced bread is fried in hot oil. Be careful that you don't have too much or too little oil.
- Some jam should also come in handy for the toast.
- Tea should be served to start with. Then, followed by coffee.
What about you? Do you like to have English breakfasts? What goes in to yours? How do you prepare your English breakfast?
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.