1) Thanks to all who entered the print giveaway. Your kind words are very much appreciated! I realised that 22 October 2007 is meant to be the last day to enter, but since my blog is on Adelaide time, it will turn 23 Oct pretty soon even though it's only 22 Oct in other parts of the world. So, I decided that as long as your comment is marked on or before 23 October 2007, you'll be eligible for the draw. If I reach 20 or more entries, I might consider giving another print away. 🙂
2) Some highlights from my blog, Just Make Money Online: 10 Things I Know About Making Money Online: Getting Started and b5media's extra special day at BlogWorld Expo.
3) And, on creativity: 10 Kitchen Things That You Can Use in Your Creative Projects and my recent crafty purchases.
4) Enkay Blog has published a list of Top 50 Female Bloggers. And, it looks like I'm in this list. Twice. For this blog and for JMMO. Wow. Thanks.
5) A couple of web tools I found recently: TokBox (a free video calling site; no need to install any software; you just need an internet connection, a browser, an account and a webcam; haven't fully tested it yet though) and Random.org (a place to get randomised stuff; it's what I plan to use for the raffle draw for the art print).
6) Oh, and I've been meaning to share this really cool web app that I've been using A LOT lately: Picnik. It's a web-based image editing tool that I've been using for a few months now. And, over the last few weeks, they've really improved its features. Granted, some of them will only be available to Premium Subscribers (they're free to use now that they just launched them), but even the basic stuff's really cool. So, no need to worry about having Adobe Photoshop (or other image editing tools), especially if you want just some basic stuff like cropping, adding text, rotating, adding some effects, resizing, adding shapes, etc. Plus, it works very well with Flickr and Photobucket. Yeah.
"Don't ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And then go and do that.
Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive."
- Harold Whitman
*Photo by my three year old son. Subject is our one year old cavoodle dog, Blue.
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.