Do you see yourself or your blog as a 'star'? If not, you should. Really. After all, whether you have 1 or 1,000,000 readers/visitors - YOU are the main character, the leading performer, the headliner of your own show.
But, I do realise that it is not easy to say, "I'm a star!" So, I want to do it for you.
I want to help deserving bloggers to become a star in their own right. I want to create a Bloggers' Walk of Fame, where bloggers of every shape, size, and style can be acknowledged, by way of what they contribute to the world at large.
This is where The Blog Star Awards come in.
In this massive Blog-Galaxy, it's easy to feel insignificant. Making it to Top Lists is tough. Getting noticed can be a real pain.
But, I really, really, really believe that a blog's success is not just measured by Technorati authorities, Alexa rankings, Google PageRanks, pageviews, unique visitors, and comments. And yes, not even Awards. 😉
Many of the bloggers I admire do not even make it to any A, B, C or even F Lists. But, not only do they create stellar content - they have a wonderful, vibrant community who support them. And yes, some may not even have a massive audience. But, they *make a difference* in the audience that they DO have. They are generous, warm, caring... Authentic.
That's why I think they are BLOG STARS. They shine in their own corner of the sky...
And, it's time BLOG STARS receive their very own "Star of Fame."
* (astronomy) a celestial body of hot gases that radiates energy derived from thermonuclear reactions in the interior
* ace: someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
* any celestial body visible (as a point of light) from the Earth at night
* a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem
* an actor who plays a principal role
* feature as the star;
* headliner: a performer who receives prominent billing
* be the star in a performance
* asterisk: a star-shaped character * used in printing
* star topology: the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
* leading(p): indicating the most important performer or role; "the leading man"; "prima ballerina"; "prima donna"; "a star figure skater"; "the starring role"; "a stellar role"; "a stellar performance"
So, before I start handing out the awards, maybe YOU can have a say in what you think will make a better, more meaningful Blog Star Awards.
Who would you like to see receive these awards? Would you like to nominate anyone at all? Did any blogger touch your life, change life in some way - and you want to say thanks by requesting for them to receive a Blog Star Award?
What categories would you like to suggest? Any other thoughts and feedback are welcome.
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.