Flickr has become a great source of inspiration for me. This week alone, I have thought about at least 9 things I'd like to do, based on other people's photos and lives. Here are those that I thought of, based on this mosaic collage (from top left to right):
1) Create a Want Book. I love lists. I love thinking of things that I wish I have. It'll be interesting to document these longings.
2) Remember and Make Paper Stars. I used to know how to do them. I made plenty during lessons in school. Now, I have no idea how to do them. And somehow, I want to try again.
3) Love more. It's something I keep telling myself.
4) Get a Gorillapod (or a better tripod). See what I mean about wants and wishes? Anyway, other than that thought... this photo also reminded me to find the freedom to be silly. In public. At home, with very close family, I can be silly. But, I get all prim and proper when I'm in public. I don't know how to take a silly photo of me. Not on purpose anyway. :-p
5) Create a word necklace. Or buy one. I always love the idea of words + art together.
6) Be more experimental with self portraiture. Let the act of taking self portraits be a journey of discovery. Oh, and yes, learn more about post processing techniques. Heh.
7) Learn Macro Photography. Something I really want to do.
8) Be Free. And let others be free. 'nuff said.
9) Capture Water. In more ways than one.
About the photos:
1. want book, 2. â˜… wishing upon the stars â˜…, 3. Day 5 - 365, 4. Day 114 - It's a Hat Right?, 5. 365 : day 10, 6. shadowland, 7. Daisy, daisy..., 8. enjoying the wind, 9. liquid diamonds
Mosaic, created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children’s book.
A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company’s “Most Influential Women in Technology” list.
Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.