Time for another round of web goodness that I found over the last week.
1. CoverItLive - A tool for liveblogging. Great for conferences, events, virtual parties, news coverage, etc. Video, text, pictures... Looks really cool. And it's free! Will definitely try it when I get the chance. Wonder if it's better to use this than uStream?
2. DPS posted this very useful DIY Flash and Lighting Hacks for Digital Photographers article. Will definitely try some of these lighting set-ups some time.
3. Thinking of learning Photoshop Elements? Try About's Graphic Software's free tutorials.
4. Paint like Jackson Pollock. Yep, that's how I made that image you see above. You'll need Flash to make it work, though.
5. My First Mac - For new Mac users... and anyone thinking of becoming a Mac convert. Lots of tutorials, tips and ideas. Oh, and writing of Macs, what do you all think of the new Macbook Air? I thought I'd be back to MacLusting when it launches... But, I'm not too impressed. Definitely not getting in to my wish list. Won't say no to a freebie, though. 😉
It was fun to hold this little game. And, it looks like Mary Jo was right. "Under Old Chaos" is the opposite of "Under New Management." Duh me. I do like Angela's creative twist, though. 😉 So, if you two are interested, please email me (shaicoggins AT gmail DOT come) your mailing address. Would love to send something to say thanks for playing.
Oh, and if you're based in Adelaide... Finally decided to organise a meet-up. It'll be on the 25th of January, 7pm, Friday. Still going to finalise the location. I wanted a place with free WiFi, but unfortunately, I can't find anywhere convenient. 🙁 In any case, there's a poll on suggested locations. Feel free to let me know if you've got other ideas...
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.