No matter how long I've been a web user, I can never stop being amazed at the depth of the online world. There's just so much stuff out there! OK, granted, there are plenty of bad stuff - but, if you look at the good stuff... Wow! Definitely makes up for all the bad bits, right? I mean - just in this week's web finds alone, I managed to look at the Internet right way up, upside down, looking back in to the past - and way in to the future. How incredible is all that?
So go, explore, and continue to be amazed at this thing called the web...
2. 10 Really Useful Greasemonkey Scripts for Flickr - If you're a Flickrite, you might find some of these scripts useful to install.
3. Photomatix - Want to get in to HDR photography? This software/plugin opens up a new world of post processing goodness for folks interested in digital photography. I haven't tested it out yet but some of those who recommend it definitely come up with some interesting pics. It works with Win and Mac. There's a free trial version, but you do have to pay if you want the full thing.
4. Wayback Machine - This is not a new thing. But, I've started using this feature from the Internet Archive a bit lately because I needed to recover some old articles I have that have gone missing. Just input the old URL of the web page you're looking for and - voila! - you get a blast from the web past. Really handy! Definitely had been a lifesaver for me.
5. Skitch - This is a free image editing software for Macs. Lots of cool features - including its own image hosting, FTP, screenshots and video image capture. It works with iPhoto too! I like it a lot, but I find myself missing some of ImageWell's functions. So, I don't know if I'll make a full switch. I'm keeping it in my App folder for now though. Thanks, Jami, for your recommendation!
6. FutureMe - Been wondering what it'll be like to receive a letter from a past self. I don't think I've ever tried to talk to a 'future me' before. Maybe one of these days I'll try this service - and see what it's like.
7. Reuse Crafts - I'm not *overly* green, but I do like to try. One of the things I enjoy doing is recycling/reusing stuff, especially for arts and crafts. This page has some nifty ideas that'll be cool to try one day.
8. Fabric Origami Workshop - I haven't done origami in years. But, this one looks so fun! And beautiful.
9. Simple Firefox Tricks and Tips - Always something new to learn, huh?
10. Uber - A free service for photographers who wish to create professional-looking portfolios and slideshows. It comes with a photo blog function, and image protection (not sure how), unlimited storage, among others. I haven't fully tested the service yet, but it looks good. If you've given it a go, let me know what you think of it!
Well, that wraps up this week's finds. So, what's next to amaze us on the web, I wonder?
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.