Hello and welcome to Week #11 of our 52 Weeks of Blog Community Project.
This week, it's all about giving everyone a 'face'. On Gravatar, that is.
You see this generic image that comes up every time you comment on this blog (or any other blog with Gravatars enabled)?
In this blog, you'll either see or
- next to your name whenever you leave a comment. That is, if you haven't enabled your universal avatar via Gravatar.
Quite boring huh? That's why this week, I'd like to encourage you to put a face (or at least another image that you wish to represent yourself with) to your comments. This is great when you wish to 'brand' yourself. And, even if 'branding' isn't on your agenda, it's still good for enabling easy recognition whenever you leave comments in people's blogs.
So, now, what do you need to do?
2. Once you've chosen a username, a password, and a primary email address, you'll need to verify your email addy. Just click on the link that they send you. Make sure that the primary email address you use is an active account, and one that you use whenever you leave comments on other people's blogs.
3. If you wish to add other email addresses that you use, you can do that too.
4. Upload an image (a small square image works best).
5. Associate that image with your email address. You can use different images with different email addresses.
6. Come back to this post and leave a comment. Any comment will do (like, "Got my Gravatar!"). If you see your own image next to your comment, then you're all set. Well done! Now you're able to associate your comments with a face from hereon.
And yes, this should work not just on this blog - but on any other blog that uses Gravatars. If you have a blog and you wish to enable Gravatars, you can check out this guide.
Now, what if you already have a Gravatar? Can you still join this week's task?
Absolutely! If you already have a Gravatar, then your job's a lot easier this week. All you need to do is leave a comment here, and show off your Gravatar to us. Easy peasy!
Anyway as always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Again, everyone who participates in Weeks 9 - 12 will be eligible to join our Month 3 Party. And, all participants will get a chance to join our raffle. We're giving away: 1) a custom-made art journal and 2) a piece of b5media gear for Month 3.
Thanks again to everyone who joined in last week's task of Collab Project Help:
I'll be posting new journal pages updates soon. And yes, I just want to extend a big warm welcome to Heather and Chloe to 52WoC. So glad you both can join us. Hope that was just the first of many 52WoCs. 😉
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.