It's anniversary week here at ShaiCoggins.com! Yes, this site turns 9 years old on the 24th of August 2009. And, I thought we can all celebrate it together. Here are 9 ways -
1. Posting 9 different posts for the week. I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I will definitely attempt a 9-post week.
2. Holding our 52WoC Virtual Party #9! I'm hoping to host another 52WoC party for our anniversary week. Coincidentally, it will be our 9th celebration for this project. Yay.
3. Best 9 Posts from 2009. As part of the 9-post-week, I'm planning to share the top 9 posts from this year (so far).
4. Random Commenters' Week Raffle. I will add an extra giveaway during our 9th 52WoC party. So, anyone who comments during this week-long anniversary (between 24 August - 28 August 2009) will be entered in to the raffle
5. Top 9 Commenters of the Month Feature. I'm not sure if you've noticed that we have a sidebar feature showing the top 10 commenters of the month. During this week-long celebration, I plan to do a short feature, showcasing those whose names appear in our top commenters section.
6. Small site revamp. Yes, to celebrate, I did a quick revamp of the site. I just added a 'Featured Content' area on the sidebar. And, I basically decided to clean up the sidebar a bit. I finally went for the two-column format rather than the three-column format, as I feel this may de-clutter the sidebar. With this, I ended up re-adjusting a few things. Hopefully, this makes it all a bit better. I'll probably try to tweak this as I go along as well, as the new format somehow threw some of the original design elements out of whack.
7. Designing a Cool New Header! I've been bored with my old header for a while now. But, I never had the time to redesign a new one. Since I already started the site revamp, I thought this special occasion might also be the best time to try my hand at creating a new header. I'm not sure how I'd feel about this in the long run, but I'm pretty pleased with it right now. Especially because it's the first time I used Gimp for this purpose. Created using a digital collage method, I'm happy to have been able to incorporate different elements here - typography, accents, digital doodling, and even a self portrait photo... Anyway, I hope you like it too!
8. Name readjustment. I know I've been trying and testing different names for this site. I've called it different things over the last 9 years. The most recent name has been "S Studio". Although it sounded like a good idea at the time, it didn't quite stick with me. So now, I decided that I'd try readjusting the name to "Studio Notes" - flowing through to the 'tag line' of "on the creative geek life". Let's see if this one sticks better! 🙂
9. Sharing 9 Goals for Studio Notes. Here's to looking ahead...
Anyway, no matter how long you've been around to support this site, I just want to say that I am really, really grateful. It's incredible to have you take part in it all. My life has definitely become richer and happier because of you and this wonderfully crazy world we call the world wide web.
So again I say, THANK YOU.
This is Post 1 out of 9 for the Studio's 9th Blog Anniversary
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.