One of my mini-goals this year is to complete a 100 Things List. I've been meaning to do this for AGES, and for some reason, I've never managed to do it. That's why I'm really, really keen to do one this year.
Now, in honour of Valentine and our 52WoC Task #49, I thought I'd create this 100 Things That I Love List. Since my husband, kids, our families, friends, God, and such are all MUSTS, I thought I'd make them a "given" in my Love List. And, of course, there are some "private loves" (heh!) that I might not be brave enough to share here. So, I really have a 100+ list!
Now, here we go, in no particular order (and just because I love an activity, it doesn't mean I'm any good at them!)...
- creative writing
- books / reading
- blogs / blogging / social networking
- the Internet
- teaching / education
- my Macbook
- chocolates! (and anything chocolate-y: doughnuts, hot choco, etc)
- Asian food (special fondness for Filipino dishes, of course; but certainly have more than my fair share of Chinese, Malay, Indonesian, Thai, Singaporean, Indian, Japanese, etc)
- our homes - Australia, the Philippines, England, Singapore, and South Africa
- fantasy / sci-fi / folklore / legends / mythology
- journals / journal writing
- the Nikon D40x
- my Mini Diana
- the Instax Mini 55
- music that touches the soul
- shoes (with a boots fetish! ;-))
- pink, purple, blue, silver...
- hoop earrings
- five-petaled floral design
- mineral make-up
- scrapbooks / memory books
- piano, guitar, and drums (i think violins are sexy too!)
- Rocky Road ice cream
- nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, etc)
- freshly baked bread
- clear, star-studded skies
- the moon
- the beach!
- pretty, cutesy things
- spicy food
- surprise gifts
- a great bargain
- my 3 special rings (the only jewellery that I really care about)
- massages and rubs!
- children's / YA literature
- hugs and kisses from people I care about
- meeting online buddies in person
- being part of something BIG
- snail mail (letters, cards, postcards...)
- packages! 😀
- cool quotations
- velvet and silk
- a really good comedy
- barbecues and roasts
- chicken wings
- learning (seriously)
- naps / sleeping-in
- stickers and stamps
- pretty magazines
- water (yep - even for drinking!)
- peach iced tea
- English breakfast tea (especially on a cold winter's morning)
- gadgets - in general
- genuine compliments!
- a gripping sports match
- listening to a gorgeous voice
- watching someone achieve something special
- nice lingerie that make me feel feminine
- a-ha moments and discoveries
- Classifieds (it's a weird thing!)
- kids, in general
- beautiful poetry and songs
- special dates and get-togethers
- breathtaking scenery
- creative geek living!
- doodling / sketching
- LISTS (obviously!)
Yay, yay, yay! I did it. I finally completed a 100 Things list. Woohoo.
Well, meeting goals is another thing I love. 😉
Have you created YOUR own list for things that you love yet? Share your 100 lists or your love lists with us too please.
Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day to you all.
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book.
A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list.
Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.