Well, August has come and gone, and I'm still working through the questions and requests from my 10 for 10 Special. And, I will continue to do so until I finish responding to each one. 🙂
Anyway, this one is from Terry Prince who asked:
What five things generally make you happy everyday?
Nice one. How can I resist answering this when bliss has been a word that I have taken to heart?
Hmmm... Now, let's see how I can best respond...
Well, I know that different things make me happy on different days. But, if I will have to predict where my daily sources of joy would come from, these are the ones that would most likely come up:
1) My family. Yes, I know it sounds utterly cliche. But, it's true. There are days when I feel as though the whole world's conspiring against me, but just one word, a hug, or a kiss from those nearest and dearest to me can change it. Of course they can drive me mad too. But, for the most part, they're the best source of my daily bliss.
2) Meaningful Work. To me, work is more than just a J-O-B. That's why, I guess, I find it difficult to be in a job that I don't feel passionate about. If I don't care about what I'm doing, chances are, you'll know immediately. That's also why I prefer to do work that I find meaningful. Something that I feel that can make a difference somehow. This is how work can make me happy on a daily basis.
3) Connections and Conversations. Be it in person or online, through friends, family, acquaintances, or colleagues, my daily dose of chats, emails, Skype IMs, SMS, phone calls, Facebook Likes and comments, Twitter replies, face-to-face meetings, etc can really provide all sorts of joy for me. Getting the chance to meet and get to know some amazing people both on and offline has really done wonders for me.
4) Personal Downtime. It doesn't matter how I spend it --- reading a book, listening to music, watching a movie or TV show, meditative walking --- as long as I get some time to myself, I'm happy.
5) Creative Moments. I'm a self-confessed ideaholic. I love working on projects and doing all sorts of things that are new, exciting, and challenging. So, even though I may not have as much time for personal creative projects like I used to, I do try to find small pockets of time to engage in creativity. Like photography, or digital doodles, or writing personal poetry and journals, cooking and baking, or simply sitting and allowing myself to dream.
What about you? What are five things that make you happy on a daily basis?
- Blogged from my iPad
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.