Friendship is a very strong theme for me, especially over the last few years when I have gained and lost a number of friends and so-called friends. So, I thought that for this week's Friday Five, I'd share some thoughts and quotes on friendship that I've come across.
1. Different friendships represent different parts of our lives. Some parts may not even be present before we develop this friendship.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive." - Anais Nin
2. Real friendships grow with you. They know you and accept you at all stages of life. And, they never ask you to stop evolving.
“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently invites you to grow.” - Dianne Hales
3. Although it may seem easy to find friends when good times come along, it's actually when bad things happen where you'd find your REAL friends.
"In prosperity our friends know us; in adversity we know our friends." - John Churton Collins
4. Real friends survive the test of time, distance, and long periods of silence.
"It's been said that friends can go for long periods of time without speaking and yet never question the friendship. These friends pick up where they left off like they just spoke yesterday, despite the time and how far away they live from each other. They don't hold grudges; they understand that life is busy and that you will ALWAYS love them." - Author Unknown
Final words on friendship in this post:
5. I've been told by people who know me well that whilst I have learned to enjoy big social interactions and gatherings, I'm actually really choosy with whom I spend my time with. So, if I spend any significant time with you, chances are, I really like you. 🙂
"I just do not hang around anybody that I don't want to be with. Period. For me, that's been a blessing, and I can stay positive. I hang around people who are happy, who are growing, who want to learn, who don't mind saying sorry or thank you and are having a fun time." - John Assaraf
Shai has been managing and blogging here at ShaiCoggins.com for 17 years. Here, she writes about creativity, productivity, and how to recharge for a better, happier lifestyle. She is the author of Today: Life Journal, Colour Bliss: Kaleidoscopes, and a little known children's book. A serial entrepreneur, Shai also currently runs Vervely.com, a boutique digital media agency offering online content, community, and conversion marketing services. Her blogging experience and digital work have been featured in various media, including being listed in Fast Company's "Most Influential Women in Technology" list. Originally from Manila, Shai lived in Singapore and the USA before moving to Australia with her British husband. They have two children, a pet bunny, and a rambunctious rescue Labrador.