Welcome to week #9 of our 52 Weeks of Blog Community project. And yep - we're in Month 3 now. Yay.
So, what's our community goal this time?
Well, you know that I'm doing an informal mini-social networking study right now. So, in line with that theme, this week's task is all about social networks too.
What do you need to do to participate?
Just leave a comment here with a link to one (or more) of your social networking profiles. Then, try to visit a fellow participant's social network page. If you're only visiting one, please visit the page of the commenter *before* you (Commenter #1 can get a 'free' ride - or visit mine :-); Commenter #2 visits Commenter #1's URL, Commenter #3 visits Commenter #2, etc etc). But, if you're visiting more than one, you're welcome to visit any that you're interested in (plus the one before you! ;-)).
When you visit that participant's page, please let him/her know that you were there by doing ONE (or more) of the suggestions below. You can either:
1) Participate in their page (if they have a column, survey, etc);
2) Send a message or leave a guestbook comment;
3) Give them a virtual gift (if possible);
4) Send them a Twit (if it's Twitter);
5) Add him/her as a contact/friend (if you know them; or if you want to introduce yourself to them).
Hope this isn't too tricky to do! In any case, you're always welcome to contact me if you have any questions or clarifications.
Anyway, if anyone's interested, I'm working on my social networking page right here.
Seeing as this is this is the first task in Month 3, all participants this week will be the first batch of folks to be eligible for the next raffle.
And, what're Month 3's Raffle Prizes?
Yep. You read that right. There are at least 2 prizes to be handed out this time around. One is a custom-made art journal*. And, another one's a b5media gear (not sure yet what I can manage to find - shirt, pen, etc - but will definitely get one for the winner ;-)).
In any case, here's a round-up of our participants from last week's Blog Carnival Lovin' task:
Thanks again to all our participants! Please remember that we're having our Month 2 Virtual Party soon (14th March 08). I'll be doing Weeks #5 to #8 round-up - and a raffle draw of US$30 Winner's Choice Award.
* See a sample custom-made art journal. You'll get a new one made by me. Anyway, more on this in another post perhaps.Read More
Hello and welcome to the 8th week of our 52 Weeks of Blog Community project. This is our last task before we hold our virtual party next week (mark the date: 14th March 2008). And yes, we're holding another raffle to all those who participated between Weeks #5 to #8.
This week's task, as you can see from the title, is all about Blog Carnivals. I love them, but I haven't participated in enough of them. That's why I told myself that I'll try to do more of them in 2008. My most recent blog carnival participation is via Lasang Pinoy (see my Blue Crabs and Vegetables in Coconut Sauce Recipe).
What about you? Do you participate in Blog Carnivals? Do you have any particular favourites?
Anyway, to participate in 52WoC #8, please do either ONE (or more) of these things:
1) Leave a comment here, sharing a link to your favourite blog carnival. If you have more than one favourite, you're welcome to share more links.
2) Leave a comment here, with a link to a blog carnival entry that you have (dated between today 3rd Mar to 9th March 2008).
3) Leave a comment here, with a link to a blog carnival entry that you like that's written by another blogger (any date will do).
4) Leave a comment here, with a link to a blog entry that you have that may be all about blog carnivals in general (or featuring a blog carnival or more that you like; your entry must be dated between 3rd to 9th Mar 08).
Again, please note that you don't need to do everything. You can do JUST ONE of the suggested tasks above. If you wish to do more, that's up to you. 🙂
Hope that's simple enough! If you have questions or clarifications, please feel free to contact me. I'm looking forward to your participation!
For those who need to know, a blog carnival is a blogging event/project, hosted by particular folks. People set themes/topics and other bloggers submit posts, then the host does a round-up post promoting all those who participated. If you want to read up some more, Wikipedia has more info on Blog Carnivals.
Just a reminder: This is the last task for Month 2. All participants of 52WoC Weeks #5 to #8 will be part of our 52WoC Virtual Party: Part 2. And, thereâ€™s a $30 Winnerâ€™s Choice Award (via Paypal) to be given away! So, if you don't have your name in the list yet (or you want more chances to win), remember to take part in this week's task. 😉
Anyway, thanks to all who participated in last week's 52WoC on Reader Spotlight: