Hello and welcome to another 52 Weeks of Blog Community Project. Before I get in to last week's challenge round-up, let's get in to gear with this week's task. And, it's all about fan clubs.
Here are some ideas that you might like to work with:
1) Start a fan club for yourself or for your blog. Okay - I know it may seem strange to start your very own fan club. But, I'm pretty sure that someone somewhere would like to show their support to you and your endeavours. It doesn't matter if your fan club ends up with one or one million members. It's just fun to see what can happen if you give yourself enough space to shine.
2) Start a fan club for someone - or something - you really admire. Show your support to something that makes you happy. Or someone who inspires you. Even a place that excites you. Or maybe a team that you really like?
3) If you're not keen on starting a fan club, why not just join one? Or take part in one? There are many clubs out there that you can check out - be it via Meetup.com, Facebook, or MySpace. If you have other places that you'd like to suggest, let us know.
If you already have your own fan club - or you're already a member of one, share with us a link and you'll be considered as "joined" for this week's task. And, who knows? Other folks might even join your club.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy thinking of ways to enrich this idea of "fan clubs" - as a way to promote and/or to support. Let me know how you go!
Also, if you're curious to know, 52WoC#18 is the first task included for our Virtual Party #5. Yep - a new round. This will include Weeks #18 to 22. I've yet to put together our prize package for this one. But, I'll keep you posted!
Now, what about Virtual Party #4? It's definitely on the way this week! Read on for a list of participants from last week's International "Thank You" Week (52WoC#17) , which turned out really well. A great reminder that gratitude is something worth keeping in our lives.
So, here's our "Thank You" Brigade -Read More
Created in honour of International "Thank You" Week, here's a free ecard that you can use to send to someone who you might want to thank. It's my "Thank You Bird".
How To Send This Image as a Free eCard:
1) Click on the image. It will take you to the Flickr page of this "Thank You Bird".
2) On that page, you'll find the link "create free ecard". Click on it. It will then send you to a page where you can personalise your message. Even change fonts of your text.
3) Write your message, indicate your email and the recipient's email.
4) Preview your eCard.
5) When you're happy with the look of your eCard, click on 'Send'.
If you use it, please let me know. I'm curious to know what you think of the service, especially since this is the first time I've used delivr.
Oh, and if you haven't joined this week's 'thank you' task, please do. You still have a day to join the fun. Looking forward to your participation!
Materials used for original artwork: Markers, pastel paper, transparency, patterned paper, cardboard.Read More
In the spirit of International "Thank You" Week - and the desire to keep blogging more often, I'd like to share with you these things that I'm thankful for this week. I know I could probably make this list a bit longer. But, I'm quite fond of the number 10 when it comes to lists. So, here you go ---
2) People who take the time to thank and comfort others. Generosity. And Gratitude.
3) Great food; family meals at home (no matter how chaotic!).
4) Online friends and community; "real life" friends... for supporting me in many special, unexpected ways.
6) Finding some time to read books, do a bit of "proper writing", a little art-making, and plenty of dreamstorming.
7) My work, which is a great way to learn, grow, and feel blessed.
8 ) My husband, who takes care of a lot of things that I'm not too fond of doing - bills, taxes, and all sorts of other stuff.
9) My kids, who make me laugh and feel overwhelmed with love and pride - everyday.
10) The Beauty of Now. The Treasure of Yesterday. The Promise of Tomorrow.
What are you thankful for this week? And, have you already thanked someone lately?Read More
Yes, it has been over a month since our last challenge. A lot has happened between then and now. And, I must admit, I have been wondering about whether I should proceed with this 52 Weeks of Blog Community Project or not.
Part of my release/redefine/restore wanderings made me question about continuously tying in the concept of my work and my personal life. After all, what I do is not who I am. So, why am I putting in so much of my work in to my personal blog?
Then, I read these emails from online friends about 52WoC. And, I realised that this project is really not just about my work anymore. It has become part of my world, my life - as I connect with friends and the general blogging community.
And yes, regardless of the challenges that community might bring - I know that I have drawn a lot of inspiration and strength from the communities that I belong to (both online - and off). Especially during my rough moments. I think things would've been a lot tougher without people's support.
I guess, that's why I consider 52WoC as my ongoing Thank You messages to all of you.
So, for this week, I want to encourage you to find a blogger (or two!) to say thank you to. It's up to you how you wish to say thanks. You can do it by email, by Twitter, by a special blog post, by sending an ecard... or even sending a real, tangible present.
If you decide to join this week's International "Thank You" Week, leave a comment in this post and you'll be included in the participants' list.
By the way, this week is the last challenge before our fourth virtual party. We'll be doing our celebrations for Weeks #13 - 17 after we close this challenge on the 8th/9th of June, next week. Remember that we're giving away 2 prizes for Party No. 4 - a $30 Winner's Choice Award + a new Art Print.
Anyway, read on for last week's challenge round-up...Read More